recipe for spicy miso ramen (2 servings)
- noodles (the typical kind used for ramen)
- veggies - I used leeks, green onions, seaweed, tofu, mushrooms, bean sprouts and baby bok choy. I told you I went a little overboard ;-)
- roasted sesame oil (just for flavor)
- garlic (minced) 2 cloves
- ginger (minced) 1 piece
- 豆板醤 1/2tsp - This is Bean Paste with Red Pepper
- ground pork 100g (about 1/4 lb)
- hot water 4cups
- +sake 1 tbsp
- +salt 1/2 tsp
- +sugar 1 tbsp
- +Awase (red) miso paste 3 tbsp
- +Chinese soup broth base (this one took a while to find at the japanese market, hopefully this picture helps you find it) 1 tbsp
Prepare hot water for cooking noodles
- cut veggies into small pieces.
- put sesame oil into a pot, add garlic and ginger and 豆板醤 until you smell garlic... then add ground pork.
- just before the pork is fully cooked, add the 4 cups of hot water, and put in all the ingredients with "+" (sake, salt, sugar, miso, broth base), and bring it to a boil.
- Cook noodle in another pot (follow the package direction)
- While cooking the noodle, stir fry veggies (bring the gas level to high) in a frying pan, and add salt and pepper.
- I added the veggies I didn't want to stirfry into the broth at this point
- When the noodles are cooked, remove them from hot water, and drain. Put the noodles into a bowl, then the miso soup that you just made.
- Put the veggies on top, and it's ready to eat!
Note: Step 7 is pretty important and needs to be done real quick before the noodle gets too soggy.
And that's it, I didn't get a picture of the final product since I was too busy eating it! Enjoy :)