Monday, March 30, 2009

Lebanese food

In my never-ending quest to try food from all over the world (or possibly just find new GOOD food from somewhere!) I recently tried a great little restaurant in Westwood called Sunnin Labanese Cafe. I don't think I had tried Labanese food before this so it was cool to try something new. It is pretty much "middle eastern food" but definitely really really good! Split their beef swarma which was perfectly cooked and expertly seasoned and their "b'stilla" which was really distinctive and mouthwateringly tasty. I had never heard of a b'stilla before, but theirs is a big round ball of crispy phyllo dough filled with a mix of seasons chicken, pistachios, cinnamon and other goodness. Definitely a great flavor I have never tasted before, which is something I am always on the lookout for!

Check it out if you are in the Westwood area!

No comments:

Post a Comment