Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My first food post...

Ok so I created this blog to do general food related blogging but the post I had in mind when I created it is actually drink related, but I don't want you to get the wrong idea (I am even less of a drink..ie(?) than I am a foodie) so I wanted to post SOME kind of food related post first :)

Lets start with cooking, Since I love food, I also love cooking good food. There is a fun, easy recipe for popovers (I didn't even know those were) that I saw on Good Eats a while back (that show is awesome, science + food, woot!) which I made and it was warm and fluffy and good so check it out: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/good-eats/basic-popover-recipe/index.html. On the cooking note, there are two different chicken dishes I can make that I like, one with mustard and grapes (sounds weird I know!) and one with yogurt that I want to post up on here sometime soon...

Next burgers and beer! As much as I love complex and subtle and interesting food (and believe me I do!), a really good burger together with a really good beer has to be up there with the best meals ever... And for the lucky ones of us who live in Southern California, an amazing bar is here to completely and utterly satisfy on both levels: Father's Office. If you are in the area and have not tried them, you NEED to go... Disclaimer: I have only ever been to the Santa Monica location and not the new LA location, but I don't have any reason to believe the new one is any less awesome. They are a great little bar with the most amazing gourmet burgers I have ever had (no substitutions allowed) along with a GREAT selection of craft (many Belgian, and specifically Trappist) beers on tap. They also have great sweet potato fries (anywhere with sweet potato fries gets a big plus in my book!) and just as good garlic fries to go along with the burgers.

Anyway that's it for now... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment